Search This Blog

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Natural Health/Food?!

I have struggled with weight since I started getting depressed,anxious. For me the two are related I was a nervous,shy kid and uncomfortable with new people. I can get sad easily over things others say and do. I take medicine for mood so adds a few lbs. I lost 75 lbs. tho and am now over weight,not obese. I intend to lose another 25 to have a normal not average body weight,as average now is over weight. I have walked,biked,stretched,gotten light,fresh air,done spiritual readings. I go to 12 step meetings,OA,over eaters anonymous, as I think food is but another addiction for oral fixatioon like smoking or drinking. Is good in a meeting to hear others and share and support each other by phone or a ride to not give in. EAting is a way to calm down and deal with stress. Journaling is good as can ask self why over eat? Food is to eat when hungry to stay alive. Anything more is not healthy. When one eats for joy of it this can be abused. I MMOB,mind my own business. I like my space to work my program and I don't over load my day. For me this is more valuable than making alot of $. It's now about power,prestige,prosperity. It's about being comfortable enough to enjoy life and following where the Lord leads me. I also have my pets to take care of. Having something greater than self to get up and live for is a great incentive to get sober,sane and stay taht way and also to live one's life.

Some therapy to see the root causes of why eat is helpful too.

BMI,body mass index= height over weight. I am over weight but I was obese. I feel good about that.

Many try to stay fit thru supplements and vitamins for the quick fix but one needs to incorporate the proper diet and exercise into the life.
I meditate and I have changed my diet dramatically. I used to sit in front of tv and veg alot, eating junk food and feel bad for self, not realizing there were some things I could do to help self. Some things I have to accept and realize my limitations,but what I put in my mouth I have some control over.


Average meals per day

breakfast grain cereal with fruit and coffee

lunch wheat bread wiht lunch meat on it like ham,bologna..with apple and flavored selzer

dinner fish,baked potatoe with butter no salt, fresh vegetable like broccoli

snacks fruit,chips,salza,crackers

juice daily:grape good for heart,cranberry- good for bladder.

Meals vary like som days may have sausage,chicken,pork chops,ham burgers

No comments:

Raise Mental Health Awareness Today (May=Mental Health Month)

Raise Mental Health Awareness Today (May=Mental Health Month)
Why are there no runs for Mental Health?!

Me..

Me..
Blog Author

landscape painting

landscape painting
by Stanley Maltzman,(great art teacher. I studied with him.)

My water color painting

My water color painting
"Cows" (Click link to see more of my ART!)

Henry Hudson River

Henry Hudson River
Quadricentennial

Me

Me
on the couch..Yeh, who doesn't need therapy?!

Mail me FREE stuff to Review!

Mail me FREE stuff to Review!
Clue: it better be healthy! Yes I write FREE! reviews if I like the product and it's GREEn!

New Book on China

New Book on China
Buy American Please!

save

save
pets