Search This Blog

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Advocacy needed

Welcome

Management knows I have a disability and the nature of it and it is illegal how they harrass me. What is even more pathetic in this community is the lack of advocacy for people with disabilities in this area and also lack of interest. It seems taht if one is and also has some issues taht effect them today they are labeled nuts. For many it has sphaped them into who they are today. We are sensitive people who can understand another who has gone thru the same thing in a way a therapist or psychiatrist can't. Takes one to know one,takes one to help one. I personally think we all would be better off and healthier if we went to a 12 step group. I know I need to atleast weekly to keep it green and for me to stay grounded. Other wise I go into the bad neighbor hood of my mind.

this community needs more like me who don't back down and who are paving the way for equal rights in housing,public access in stores and otehr public places,transport and so on. Also to go to court if necessary as a consumer if ripped off,a victim of crime,etc. Having a disability doesnd't mean we are dumb and nuts. WE have something to contribute. We don't need to be ignored and silenced because some are uncomfortable around us. We are also entitled to the same rights as others and to move freely and safely thru the community. We are not asking for hand outs but hands. There is much we can do in a day but our approach may be different.

Let's have an open mind. WE need to assimilate our more vulnerable citizens into society as we will have to do as much as we can for selves anyway as eventually our parents and relatives friends may pass and who knows how long other social programs will be cut?! Consider this and write to your congressman. Democrats support such programs always have along with environment. think green!! Not war.

I believe many living in isolation who are being called bipoar and this or that for insurance purposes so doctors get their money and the pharmacists make their $$ pumping drugs into us as guinea pigs and lab rats..would be better served by going to a social event weekly in the community. Mental health clinic I go to just listens to me 2x a month and she offers suggestions and if I am being negative she mentions the postive in it. They could do much more tho. A peer support warm line would be a great idea thru the CAVE advocacy group here in area. Also a newsletter taht serves the community regarding disabililty issues. I am thinking of asking my local paper if I could do an article for them free lance once a week on disabled issues. There are many here with seen and unseen disabilities who are not treated well and this could help us greatly. I also would like to start doing weekly informal one hour social chats at coffee house or diner for a cup of coffee and some chat. This too could be just what many with poor social skills due to fear and anger from past effects . Many have come out of hospitals or are in and out because families and friends if they have any don't understand them and can be mean...they stay ill when they could instead learn to depend on God and selves and empower selves. I don't have much faith in the system and the medical field now. I believe the future and now one can use alternative medicine and be alot healthier. We could also have a show on tv once a week. We are all in this together ,in this thing called life.

No comments:

Raise Mental Health Awareness Today (May=Mental Health Month)

Raise Mental Health Awareness Today (May=Mental Health Month)
Why are there no runs for Mental Health?!

Me..

Me..
Blog Author

landscape painting

landscape painting
by Stanley Maltzman,(great art teacher. I studied with him.)

My water color painting

My water color painting
"Cows" (Click link to see more of my ART!)

Henry Hudson River

Henry Hudson River
Quadricentennial

Me

Me
on the couch..Yeh, who doesn't need therapy?!

Mail me FREE stuff to Review!

Mail me FREE stuff to Review!
Clue: it better be healthy! Yes I write FREE! reviews if I like the product and it's GREEn!

New Book on China

New Book on China
Buy American Please!

save

save
pets